We got to see Baby Girl for a nice lengthy ultrasound on Monday, Jan 13! She's a long, healthy baby, and is already looking clever! (23 weeks already!)
Do you see that sneaky thing? She gives me a good kick and then laughs about it! I'm hoping she's just as sassy when she's out here with us.
The ultrasound tech did see some things that we not quite as exciting, though. Unknown to me, my short little cervix has been thinning and opening a bit, which puts our little baby girl at a high risk of preterm labor and delivery. We were asked to come in again the next day to meet with the OB to double check the measurements. Until then, bed rest.
Here's what we saw at both appointments:
If you can tell what you're seeing in those pictures, you're better than I am! What I can understand from those, however, is that the cervix length is somewhere between 2 and 2.2 cm long. Apparently anything under 3.0 cm is dangerous, so that view was not good!
It was quite a shock- having not felt any discomfort or irregularities throughout this whole pregnancy thus far! At first, I felt disappointed and scared, but I've realized how lucky we are to have seen this before any preterm labor scares! We are so blessed to know that we need to be careful and cautious with this little body! And how lucky are we to be growing this baby in a time with a medical help to almost any ailment (even those I never knew existed)? The OB gave me a prescription for a Progesterone supplement that has been proven to help aid cervical health and strength. She's also prescribed that I be on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy, unless we see some huge improvements.
So here I am, writing from the comfort of my living room recliner, reclined all the way, with a pillow under my bottom to elevate this growing belly. We have faith in the future and know that after doing our best to stay healthy, our life will take whatever path it's meant to. Our goal is for a 40 week old baby! Only 17 weeks to go! We're optimistic, and with a little face like this, can you blame us!? Boyce will be Boyce!


0 comments:
Post a Comment